Listen to Marv

Coaches really are dumb, you know. Why can't they realize that listening to sound advice is the only way to go if they want to turn their teams from one that is struggling into a Super Bowl contender? Here are just a few of the wisdom-laden insights that keen-minded critics, who can't understand our stupidity, have directed at me and so many of my coaching colleagues:

1. Change quarterbacks

2. Throw deep

3. Blitz on every down

4. Go for it on fourth down (punting is for sissies)

5. Don't be so doggone conservative

6. Fire your offensive coordinator and hire the one from my alma mater -- they won 67-12 last Saturday

7. Give a pep talk

8. Install a jazzy, "new and improved" playbook for the upcoming game

9. Make some halftime adjustments

10. Use the play that I emailed you recently

11. Trade next year's seventh-round draft pick for Daunte Culpepper and Randy Moss

Renowned 1920s journalist H.L. Mencken presented an astute response to all these quick-fix suggestions when he wrote, "There is a simple solution for every problem, and it's always wrong."

Allow me to add some of my own advice for my fellow coaches: If you start listening to the fans, you're going to wind up sitting next to them!

I think he put us in our place... Mularky should ignore us - what do we know??

I think he put us in our place... Mularky should ignore us - what do we know??

119560[/snapback]

I am just going to say this....fugg marv :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: . It is his job to take the high road. Look fans get emotional and that is fine, but when you see bledsoe is done and you KNOW the coaching staff knows it...enough is enough.

Marv cost us a superbowl title by not telling his players enough is enough with the superbowl parties as C. Bennett said. We had more talent than the Giants and Deadskins but were out-coached. Yeah I know the guy is in the HOF but the real coach was No.12. When he left the team folded.

I'm all for fan venting and offering up possible solutions among other fans and all of the various discussions. But I can tell you if we have a GM or a head coach that actually starts to listen to us morons (including myself there too), I don't want them anywhere near our team.

The last thing I want is a coach that makes some drastic change just because it will make the fans happy.

Saying that,

I STILL WANT JP TO START SUNDAY!!! DAMMIT MULARKEY, WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN!

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Or you can walk into a team full of young and up and coming Pro bowlers and let them drag you sorry ass to four Super Bowls, and then be out coached in every one of them.

Marv has to be the luckiest coach in the history of football. He should be kissing Bill Polians feet.