Bilingual

Took Spanish in High School, about 3 and a half years ago. I could write it and understand it pretty well back then...but now, I probably couldn't say anything correctly.

Me llamo Wooderson, is about all I can come up with.

All of my bilingual friends grew up in it. One guy was born in Columbia to German immigrants. He speaks fluent Spanish with a thick German accent. One time we were in a German deli and when he ordered (in English) the woman at the counter noted his accent and started to speak to him in German. He was able to converse with her, but he later told me he's only "conversational" in German and he can't read or write it.

One time a girl I was dating called her dad while were driving home. She was telling him (in Spanish) that she was going to stay at her friends place so he shouldn't wait up. After she hung up, I said "Did you just lie to your Dad and say you were staying at XXX's?" She said, "I thought you didn't speak Spanish." I replied, "I know a lie in any language." :lol:

I've picked up some Chinese from watching "Ni-Hao Kai Lan" on Nick Jr. with my 4 year old and 2 year old. :worthy: My 2 year old will randomly say things in Chinese while we're out and about, stuff he's learned from the show. I think it's pretty awesome.