Taking back America

John Adams

But you can't use an argument and a line of reason that has no basis in reality.  You can't use the "unwanted" argument if it is not a consistent argument.  I would think that if you are really vehemently anti-abortion then you would rather save the lives of 1.3 million children every year and deal with the social consequences rather than just let the status quo continue. 

You can't say that I am not consistent either.  I realize there will be issues if abortion is legalized, but I am fully willing to do my part to address those issues.  As I said above, I would rather save the lives of millions of innocent babies and deal with social consequence as opposed to sitting back and letting all those babies die.

120592[/snapback]

Ah, but being vehemently anti-abortion and being a champion of the rights of the individual are a delicate balance. I don't live in your house and don't want you in mine.

I can't save the lives of the kids in my neighborhood. No way I'm going to add to that number because my conscience dictates it. A man has to know his limitations.

Good luck on your ideological crusade. Obviously you are willing to wantonly ignore the fact that we can't raise the kids society supposedly wants today but don't let that little tidbit stop you. After all, that mindset started the downward spiral in the first place. Who am I to step in front of a bullet train coming down the mountain?

Let me know where to send my tax deductable charitable donation. You're going to need it.

Ah, but being vehemently anti-abortion and being a champion of the rights of the individual are a delicate balance.  I don't live in your house and don't want you in mine.

I can't save the lives of the kids in my neighborhood.  No way I'm going to add to that number because my conscience dictates it.  A man has to know his limitations.

Good luck on your ideological crusade.  Obviously you are willing to wantonly ignore the fact that we can't raise the kids society supposedly wants today but don't let that little tidbit stop you.  After all, that mindset started the downward spiral in the first place.  Who am I to step in front of a bullet train coming down the mountain?

Let me know where to send my tax deductable charitable donation.  You're going to need it.

120598[/snapback]

Obviously you are willing to wantonly ignore the fact that your little "unwanted" argument makes no sense, since you have yet to defend any of the questions I posed to you.

And as far as balancing the rights of the individual while being anti-abortion, I guess the rights of the unborn baby don't count?

I can't believe you can say with a straight face that you are "vehemently anti-abortion". Anyone with opinions that strong would not be afraid of the consequences. If you are "vehemently anti-abortion" you are pro-life and you believe abortion is killing innocent babies. But basically you are saying you don't care if we continue to murder because right now society isn't able to take care of all those babies. Not every unwanted child ends up on welfare, drugs or in crime, yet you don't even want to give any of them a chance because you are afraid of the consequences.

I will let you know where to send your charitable donation. I'm willing to fight for my belief and fight for what I "vehemently" oppose. I can't say the same for you. My "ideological crusade" is simply taking my beliefs into action. I'd rather do that than have strong beliefs and no action.

Obviously you are willing to wantonly ignore the fact that your little "unwanted" argument makes no sense, since you have yet to defend any of the questions I posed to you. 

And as far as balancing the rights of the individual while being anti-abortion, I guess the rights of the unborn baby don't count?

I can't believe you can say with a straight face that you are "vehemently anti-abortion".  Anyone with opinions that strong would not be afraid of the consequences.  If you are "vehemently anti-abortion" you are pro-life and you believe abortion is killing innocent babies.  But basically you are saying you don't care if we continue to murder because right now society isn't able to take care of all those babies.  Not every unwanted child ends up on welfare, drugs or in crime, yet you don't even want to give any of them a chance because you are afraid of the consequences.

I will let you know where to send your charitable donation.   I'm willing to fight for my belief and fight for what I "vehemently" oppose.  I can't say the same for you.  My "ideological crusade" is simply taking my beliefs into action.  I'd rather do that than have strong beliefs and no action.

121092[/snapback]

In order to come up with a workable solution one has to understand the problem and the current alternatives. In our society, legislating doesn't work. You'll win the war on abortion through the courts pretty much the same time we win the drug war using the same vehicle.

You choose to fix it the same old tired way and you'll get the same old tired results. I never said I didn't care. I'm simply not the final judge.

In order to come up with a workable solution one has to understand the problem and the current alternatives.  In our society, legislating doesn't work.  You'll win the war on abortion through the courts pretty much the same time we win the drug war using the same vehicle.

You choose to fix it the same old tired way and you'll get the same old tired results.  I never said I didn't care.  I'm simply not the final judge.

121098[/snapback]

Exactly. So I support pro-life groups and work to persuade potential abortion candidates that there are other alternatives. I work against and support others who work against groups like Planned Parenthood. I support abstinence education and adoption programs. I educate myself on abortion issues. But, I also support continuing to fight in the legal system. There is no reason not to do both. In fact the more we concentrate on both, the better the chance that if abortion is ever made illegal in the courts, society will be better prepared.

Current events indicate society shifting slowly towards the pro-life movement. Partial birth abortion has been exposed. Science continues to advance and give us supporting data. Issues such as gay marriage and stem cell research actually help because they are bringing moral implications to the forefront.

I will do whatever it takes (within the law) to make abortion illegal, but I will also continue the daily fight to reduce abortions. That is all I would ask of anyone who is pro-life.

Exactly.  So I support pro-life groups and work to persuade potential abortion candidates that there are other alternatives.  I work against and support others who work against groups like Planned Parenthood.  I support abstinence education and adoption programs.  I educate myself on abortion issues.  But, I also support continuing to fight in the legal system.  There is no reason not to do both.  In fact the more we concentrate on both, the better the chance that if abortion is ever made illegal in the courts, society will be better prepared.

Current events indicate society shifting slowly towards the pro-life movement.  Partial birth abortion has been exposed.  Science continues to advance and give us supporting data.  Issues such as gay marriage and stem cell research actually help because they are bringing moral implications to the forefront.

I will do whatever it takes (within the law) to make abortion illegal, but I will also continue the daily fight to reduce abortions.  That is all I would ask of anyone who is pro-life.

121122[/snapback]

You know what, I like you man. You know why? Because you keep me focused as to why I will fight for Pro-Choice. When you mobilize, I will mobilize. When you tack a sign up, I will tack a sign up (and I will rip yours down, but that's for another thread). If you run for office, I will run for office. You are the "yang" to my "yin" brother. I will fight you in the courts, on the streets, wherever you go. You know why? You inspire me. You, sir, are the reason I, my fiance, my friends, and everyone I know will not stop in protecting a women's right to choose. Thanks for keeping me focused, dude.

You know what, I like you man.  You know why?  Because you keep me focused as to why I will fight for Pro-Choice.  When you mobilize, I will mobilize.  When you tack a sign up, I will tack a sign up (and I will rip yours down, but that's for another thread).  If you run for office, I will run for office.  You are the "yang" to my "yin" brother.  I will fight you in the courts, on the streets, wherever you go.  You know why?  You inspire me.  You, sir, are the reason I, my fiance, my friends, and everyone I know will not stop in protecting a women's right to choose.  Thanks for keeping me focused, dude.

121127[/snapback]

Help me out then and tell me what your reasons are. In all seriousness, I would like to know why my stance makes you so focused. How do you defend abortion? Do you defend it in every case? Etc.

Why don't you ask Clinton that since he signed the Defense of Marriage Act, which explicitly recognizes for purposes of federal law that marriage as "a legal union of one man and one woman as husband and wife" and by stating that spouse "refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife."  Don't pin this just on Republicans.  In the mean time, ask the 38+ states that have passed gay marriage amendments.  That is hard to ignore and that is not just the evangelical Christians passing those votes as many have won by huge majorities.

120464[/snapback]

Is Clinton the president still? Are the Democrats in control of Congress?

There's no NEED to take back America from the Dems- they are not in charge (thankfully).

Is Clinton the president still? Are the Democrats in control of Congress?

There's no NEED to take back America from the Dems- they are not in charge (thankfully).

121597[/snapback]

Your intitial post was in regards to Republicans becoming big government and overstepping the constitution. After I posted you then asked me if the gay marriage issue was big government. I merely pointed out that this is not just a Republican issue and it is not viewed by the majority as being big government. Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act that really started it all and the country as a whole is passing gay marriage amendments like crazy. I was trying to make the point that I don't think this is big government - it is a necessary step and it is obvious that the majority feel it is a necessary step, Republicans and Democrats.